Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mumbling

We went to see The Dark Knight Rises.

It's an extremely enjoyable film, very well executed, and everything is top-notch: acting, writing, music, visuals, costumes, you name it. Fun from start to end.

But I had a problem:

Two of the major characters have (intentionally) altered speech; it's an important and necessary part of their characters (think Darth Vader, but in a slightly different genre).

But I often couldn't understand what they were saying!

I got most of it, but there were definitely several sequences where I was left rather baffled, trying to figure out what the most important characters were saying.

And I couldn't understand Liam Neeson all that well either, but that happens in every movie he's in. And he wasn't wearing a mask.

It's a fun movie; if you haven't seen it, and you like that sort of thing, don't miss a chance to see it on the big screen with the great music.

And the famous "bridges scene" is indeed superb.

But let me ask you something: when did Summer 2012 become known as "The Movie Season Where All The Leading Ladies Have To Wear Black Leather Jumpsuits"?

No comments:

Post a Comment